The Process technician (PT) is the link between the Plant Manufacturing Engineering (PME) team and production. The PT ensures that Equipment is running, quality standards are met, operators and maintenance are trained, and that suggestions for improvement, lessons learned and specific requirements of the plant are communicated to the PME team.
- Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Process Technician supports the PME regarding the definition of and adhearance to an optimal routing, and production layout
In the development phase (from Milestone Contract Review to SOP):
- The PT is responsible to support the PME in the procurement and industrialization process of the machines and production equipment (not project specific):
- Definition and management of technical specification based on the standard of Industrial Engineering, selection of suppliers in collaboration with the Purchasing Department
- Manage the machine capabilities and implement changes toward continuous improvement
- Documentation of the Operation Description Sheets (ODS) based on the production flow defined by the Plant Manufacturing Engineer
- Participation in the realization of prototypes and pre series-production for the early detection of potential risks and use of process improvement potential
- Support the Plant Manufacturing Engineer with respect to planning and implementation of the process capabilities as well as the internal and external full run-tests
- Preparation of process documentation together with the Plant Manufacturing Engineer
- Support the Quality Engineer in carrying out the process FMEA
- Support the advanced Quality Engineer in implementing the control plan (PLP)
- Assist in the training of Production employees
- Assist in the training of Maintenance employees
Serial Phase after SOP:
- Document change requests from the customer:
- Review the drawings / CAD data regarding manufacturing feasibility
- Initiate the update of routing (in the SAP system) and BOM in order to enable Finance Department to calculate the change in production costs
- Determine necessary changes in tools, assembly stations, … and request quotations from suppliers
- Implement change orders from the customer:
- Update bill of material, routing (SAP) and ODS
- Update and maintain the process sheet (Prozessstammkarte)
- Manage the initial sample process and PPAP
- Follow up of tooling/assembly stations change and realization (including stock, schedule, machinery reservation, production planning, …)
General Tasks / Duties:
- Preparation of plant statement for the milestone targets (information of the Plant Manager and coordination of different plant departments: Quality, Logistics, Maintenance, HR…)
- Apply the product and process standards of the departments of Product Engineering and Industrial Engineering
- Active participation in the transfer of lessons learned and Kaizen results in the manufacturing standards and the FMEA
- Run engineering samples according to sample cards and follow up owith changes as required by PME manager or PME.
- Start-up and shut-down of Molding and/or Felt Line Machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Inspection of product manufacturing according to control plan and work instructions.
- Daily preventive maintenance on production equipment (mold, molding machine, chiller), etc.
- Keep the assigned equipment clean and organized under the 5S System.
- Help reduce scrap and rejects within all molding cells.
- Assist in Secondary Operations as needed
- Perform varied production tasks under the regular direction of the Supervisor and/or lead person
- May require use of various tools and equipment including, but not limited to hand tools, soldering equipment, assembly and test equipment, hand trucks.
- Follow all quality procedures and instructions.
- Maintain housekeeping in the work area.
- Other related duties as directed by management.
- Must have the ability to work all three shifts when needed, and come in for emergency situations.
- Must have the ability to Train Leads and Trainees when needed
- (Molding Process Technician only) troubleshoot Waterjet issues and be able to adjust hole and trim lines that are out of tolerance
- (Molding Process Technician only) be able to move robots through programs using the reach pendant.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and implementation of general safe work practices
- Ability to deliver training to a diverse audience using multiple formats or delivery methods
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Models effective attendance
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Ability to change and embrace change
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize multiple projects and customers
- Good organizing and planning skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a work group or team
- Able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including variable shifts and work days
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Possess good verbal and written communication
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
4.0 Credentials and Experience:
- Engineering degree or equivalent education with experience
5.0 Special Requirements
- Authorization to work and reside in the United States
- Ability to obtain visa/passport for possible international travel
6.0 Physical Requirements
- Able to read and interpret text, schematics, blueprints or drawings
- 20/20 vision (with or without corrective lenses)
- Normal hearing ability (with or without corrective device)
- Ability to differentiate between shades of colors
- Ability to operate forklift
- Ability to lift and carry items for short distances:
- less than 10 pounds – regularly
- less than 50 pounds – occasionally
- greater than 50 pounds – infrequently
- Ability to bend, kneel, or climb steps/ladders
- Small motor skills including ability to grasp, control and use objects or tool
- Fine motor skills including manipulation of small objects
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- maintenance and engineering: 5 years (Required)