Achieve sales objectives through effective leadership inrecruiting, hiring and firing (as needed), and developing sales associates. The District Sales Manager is responsible for sales and product training using company tools / materials, account development and territory planning, providing positive motivation. District Sales Managers report to the Regional Manager.
- Meet/exceed sales growth targets through continuous growth in average order value and average orders/month/rep.
- Staff the sales organization with the right people.
- Field supervision and development of new and veteran sales associates.
- Establish clear district goals and sales targets through business and territory planning.
- Reinforce and support corporate policies and guidelines in a consistent, professional company manner.
- Maintain/build sales relationships with existing customers and new.
- Aid in the development of future Sales Managers through training assignments.
- Act as a liaison between field sales and company headquarters.
- Complete paperwork necessary to fulfill position responsibilities.
- Promote company marketing and promotional programs.
- Train and coach direct sales representatives during the selling process, and in the planning process.
- Territory and district management.
- Interviewing skills for sales positions and with customers.
- Selling and coaching skills, problem solving.
- Ability to participate in group projects or activities that can result in new ideas that generate or enhance short-term results.
- Manage multiple tasks at any one time.
- Effective communication skills at all levels of the organization in writing and verbally outside of voice mail.
- Source recruit future sales candidates
- Sales management experience in industrial sales, ideally with commissioned sales people.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet