About Pressco Technology, Inc: Pressco Technology Inc designs, develops and markets ultra high-speed sensing and process monitoring products for the global container manufacturing industry.
About This Position: We are currently looking for a qualified technical trainer to work in our Information Systems department. This position includes a wide range of duties in training instruction, training administration, and training documentation development. The field technical trainer will be based in Cleveland, OH with frequent travel (up to 75%) to customer locations across the US. Additionally, this position will perform in-house training sessions for both internal and external audiences.
Duties / Essential Job Functions: Instruction
- Report to Technical Trainer for duties and scheduling assignments
- Administer weeklong training sessions on Pressco equipment at customer sites and at Pressco Headquarters (Cleveland, OH)
- Train small groups of internal and external audiences on a variety of technical subjects
- Maintain training session documentation including trip reports, training evaluations, trainee progress and training database
- Transport, setup, and maintain training equipment for on-site customer training sessions
- Work with the Technical Trainer to oversee internal orientation and ongoing skills development training
- Work with various departments to process international and domestic customer training requests
- Coordinate training documentation, equipment, and personnel for domestic & international training sessions
- Maintain in-house training areas and training equipment including system mock-ups and training laptop simulators
- Process training paperwork in hardcopy and digital formats
Development / Other Duties
- Develop and maintain training documentation including training presentations, training plans and curriculum, exams, videos and trainee evaluations
- Develop procedures for internal and external audiences on company software and hardware procedures
- Work with Field Service Engineers, Technical Support, and Engineering to stay updated on software developments and current operation of Pressco systems.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in a technical fieldor equivalent technical experience.
- Three years of experience in technical training and/or training material development. Provide examples of materials.
- PC literate -high degree of competency with Windows OS navigation, MS Office products, hardware / software troubleshooting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (with the ability to make the complex easy-to-understand)
- Ability to work well within information systems team and other departments to pursue larger company-wide goals
- Flexibility to work with diverse audiences in a wide range of environments including manufacturing and corporate settings
- Ability to lift and maneuver training equipment weighing up to 100 lbs
- Must reside near Cleveland, OH area
- Must be comfortable with frequent domestic travel (up to 75%)
- Willingness to travel internationally on an as-needed basis
- Field training and/or field engineering experience highly desirable
- Strong experience or education in technical fields including: Information Technology (IT), electrical engineering, or mechanical engineering
- Additional desirable PC skills include: experience with computer networking, Learning Management System development, video editing software, customer survey software, web development tools, and E-Learning software
- Additional languages (particularly French and Spanish) are definitely a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- Training: 3 years (Preferred)